DRAW NEAR TO GOD WITH CONFIDENCE
“Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:19—25 NIV)
Two things that the author mentioned here that made it possible for us and give us the confident to most holy place in a relationship to God. The first, our relationship with God is made possible by the blood of Jesus Christ. Secondly, our relationship is made possible and certain because of Christ himself being a Great Priest over the house of God. Not only that Jesus shed his blood, but he himself becomes our great and high priest that brings us near to God.
The author of Hebrews gave this amazing encouragement to believers.
- Let us draw near to God…with a sincere heart and full of assurance that faith brings. This is so important to know, a sincere heart having confidence of what Christ has done is vital in my relationship with the Father.
- Let us draw near to God…having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscious. One of the enemies of faith is a guilty conscious. A guilty conscious is a spoiler of confidence to trust that Christ has already made provision to cleanse us from a guilty conscious.
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope that we profess. The hope that we profess is Christ who died and rose again and lives in us. Our hope is not in our performance, but in the faithfulness of God.
- Let us consider how we may spur one another toward love and good deeds. This is so important of the life of faith. We live for the good of others, and not for ourselves only. We live to help others toward love and good deeds. We keep each other accountable and responsible.
- Let us not giving up on meeting together as some are in the habit of doing…Fellowship is such a vital part of the life of faith. Meeting together, eating together and talking are all so vital part of being a follower of Jesus.
- Let us be an encourager to one another. There is so much people who are discouragers. The author calls on his brothers and sisters in the faith to be an encourager to one another. I know I need encouragement myself.
I am grateful for the assurance of knowing that through the blood of Christ and believing in him gives me the confidence in my relationship toward the Father. I am striving to be someone who strives to know the blessings of being a child of God. I will apply these truths that I was reminded of here to be a part of my daily life.
Father, help me to be a child that comes before you boldly with a sincere heart full of assurance and confident in your love for me. Help me be someone who lives out your truth and a child of yours that you are please with. Remove from selfishness and only thinking of myself. Help me to a blessings to others who are your children and help them live out life that honors you. Teach me your ways, Lord. Amen!