ACKNOWLEDGE GOD IN YOUR LIFE ALWAYS
“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.” (1Chronicles 28:9—10)
King David charged his son Solomon as he was appointed to become the king of Israel. King David gave Solomon valuable principles and essential things to remember when we serve God in any capacity. This goes for all of us when God calls us to do something. Lessons from King David will serve me well when I receive it and do it.
- ACKNOWLEDGE God…Not only acknowledge God but Solomon must know that God, who walked with his forefathers, is the same God that he must acknowledge. In other words, Solomon must have no other God but the ones his forefathers served and followed.
- SERVE HIM WHOLEHEARTED DEVOTION…this is so important in acknowledging who God is. We must serve him not with a complaining heart or halfheartedly, but with ALL OF OUR HEART.
- SERVE HIM WITH A WILLING MIND…A willing mind is essential to my serving Jesus. Sometimes I lay conditions for how I serve Christ. However, I am reminded here it is not my will, but Jesus’ will must be done. The question is, Do I have a willing mind?… Think about it; King David said to his son Solomon, “For the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought.” The Lord does watch my attitude. So many times, we are not aware of this truth.
- SEEK HIM…If I seek him, I will find him. He is always making himself available to be found by me.
- DO NOT FORSAKE HIM…The consequence of forsaking the one who called us is devastation. He will forsake us. Jesus promises that he will never forsake us, given that we do not forsake him. When I forsake him, it is the same as Jesus forsaking me. Jesus will never change, but I often do.
- BE STRONG AND DO THE WORK. I am exhorted with the same exhortation King David gave to his son Solomon, BE STRONG AND DO THE WORK. I am empowered to do the work that God has appointed me to do, no matter what the circumstances are.
I learned today that Jesus is concerned about my attitude in serving his purpose and plans in my life just as much as David was with his son Solomon. I always want to acknowledge God in everything I do. I must serve him with wholehearted devotion, serve him with a willing mind. I will continue to commit myself to seeking God and turn to him constantly. I will continue to cling to his faithfulness and find in him the strength to do the work and to move forward.
Jesus, I thank you for calling me into your ministry. Please help me to always keep the focus on you. I acknowledge you daily in my life. I will serve you with wholehearted devotion. Help me to have a willing mind and a heart that seeks after you. Help me never to forsake you when life gets tough. Please help me to hold on to your faithfulness. Please give me the strength to do your work. Amen!